It’s the time of year for soups and stews! This recipe is warming, satisfying and super delicious. The ginger flavor is not overly strong and I added turmeric for a kick of anti-inflammatory properties.
Carrot Ginger Soup
A healthy, flavorful and Whole30 compliant soup for the colder weather. This is also Autoimmune Protocol compliant.
Author: Grace Brinton
Serves: 10 cups
- 1 Tbl ghee (or olive oil)
- 2 lb carrots
- 8 oz parsnip
- 2 oz leek
- 8 oz celery
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper (optional)
- 6 cups water or broth (I used a mix of both)
- 2 Tbl fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbl fresh grated turmeric (or 1 tsp dry)
- 6 Tbl coconut milk
- Peel and dice the carrots and parsnip.
- Dice the leek and make sure rinsed of any dirt.
- Dice the celery.
- Melt the ghee in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the leek and sauté for 5 minutes until softened, reduce heat to low.
- Add the celery, sauté 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot, parsnip, salt, pepper if using and liquid, cover and simmer until veggies are soft.
- Add the ginger, turmeric and coconut milk, stir and remove from heat.
- Use an immersion blender or blender to puree soup.
- Season to taste with additional salt.
Carrot Ginger Soup was last modified: November 15th, 2017 by